Monday, January 15, 2007

dreaming

I padded down the stairs, through the formal living room, the dining room and all of its knick knacks tinkling as I passed, into the kitchen and saw a familiar sight.

In the next room, my grandfather was sitting in his favorite chair - his recliner. The morning sunlight streamed through the windows as if casting a spotlight especially on Gimps in his spot.

"Gimps!," I exclaimed as I moved through the rooms toward him.

He turned, and stood. The dream did not allow me the memory of Gimps in his better days. The dream gave me a picture of him not in his best health. Though not his worst either.

He beamed. His smile was, as always, enchanting. Anyone caught in its shine couldn't help but to smile back.

He gathered me up in his arms and said, "I just want to make sure you know how much I love you."

2 comments:

KC said...

I love that dream.

Laura said...

sweet gimps. he found you!