Thursday, February 02, 2006

five weirdo things about me

With all of the tagging going on from Dooce’s last post, I’ve found some new blogs. In my browsing, I’ve found another little meme from Jen - which I haven’t been tagged for but will do anyway and will tag Laura and Kendra for because they’re the only other bloggers I really know.

Five weirdo things about me:

1. I don’t allow friends or siblings to wear items of clothing of mine that I have not yet worn myself. Maybe it comes from being the youngest of three and all the hand-me-downs that stem from that – something new was always very special. In December, Laura wanted to wear a cute little purple sleeveless number with a satin bow that Liz gave me for my birthday in November and I felt like a greedy jerk for saying no then, and an even bigger greedy jerk now because I still haven’t worn it.

2. I love to pluck. Eyebrows, toe hairs, chin hairs… on me, my friends, my boyfriend, whoever will let me near them wielding my favorite pointy metal tool. In fact, Michael recently had a stick (seriously, it was like ten hairs in one!) growing out of his face and he let me pluck it to quell my perverse passion. Now we’re waiting for it to grow back so I can pluck and examine it again. Maybe not so much “we”, but he knows it is coming.

3. I also like to squeeze stuff. Pimples, blackheads, ingrown hairs, whatever. He knows that is coming too. But like in the wild, those monkeys groom each other out of love. That’s what I keep telling him.

4. I like to have music playing when I’m cleaning the house, which is not so weird. The weird part is that I like it to be on loud in a room other than the one I’m cleaning. Not quietly in the same room, but loudly in another room. I don’t know where that came from or why really, I just don’t like to be right on top of the music source, and there’s something about feeling the loudness of the beat. Pump up the jam.

5. If I’m sleeping alone, I need to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the nearest wall and face it. If someone else is there, the urge is not so imminent, but still present. Who knows…

1 comment:

KC said...

Thank god you gave me something to write about today. :)