Thursday, February 02, 2006

my first meme

I’m kopykating this from dooce, the first blog I ever knew.

Four jobs I’ve had
1. Waitress at a café at the hoity-toity Wianno Club in Osterville, MA.
2. Sandwich maker at a cafeteria in a corporate office in the financial district in London –which lasted all of two weeks. I was a college grad for chrissakes!
3. Bartender at a wine bar in the financial district of London where my tips from customers were sometimes bottles of Veuve Cliquot. Much more my speed.
4. Assistant General Manager at a country club on the Cape whose internal politics were deranged by our cancer-ridden boss who still couldn’t break out of the miserable existence of his being and lighten freaking up. I mean, don’t you try to enjoy your last days/weeks/months/years and not wreak havoc on the lives of those around you? Especially by making every single one of your employees work on Thanksgiving when you know you’re going to lay the majority of them off 6 weeks later?

Four movies I can watch over and over
1. Sixteen Candles
2. Beautiful Girls
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas – the classic cartoon version
4. Goonies (kopykated!)

Four places I have lived
1. Princeton, MA – A sweet little house in a sweet little town in central Mass that frequents my dreams.
2. Sandwich, MA - A big house with a pool and three living rooms and the biggest bedroom I’ve ever had to make up to me for ripping me away at the volatile and tender age of 15 from the home I grew up in and all of my friends! It was very traumatic.
3. In a flat in Bayswater, London where the Egyptian landlord tried several times to grope me and even tried to lay one on me in the street… so then we skipped out and moved to Paddington with Sarah’s crazy cousin Debbie. She was a chain-smoking nurse who was so bitter about getting up early that she used to vacuum in front of our bedroom door, banging away at it.
4. South Boston, MA – home of the sloppiest St. Patrick’s Day parade going.

Four TV shows I love
1. “Oprah” – it is a blessed event to get home in time to watch it.
2. “America’s Funniest Home Videos” – tears stream down my face. Roommates watch it with me to witness the sheer delight and breathless heaving. Sounds a little sick.
3. “Scrubs”
4. “House”

Four places I’ve vacationed
1. Maui, Hawaii
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands
3. Cancun, Mexico (Spring Break baby, yeah!)
4. Dublin, Ireland

Four of my favorite dishes
1. Cheese Fondue
2. Lobster
3. Mim’s Mac and Butt (or Cheese if you please)
4. Mom’s meatball and sausages

Four sites I visit a lot
1. Dooce
2. Lala Land
3. Just me, KC
4. This Fish

Four places I would rather be right now
1. Snuggling my face into Monkey’s soft neck
2. On a walk through Hyde Park in London (kopykated!)
3. In St. John – 6 weeks suckas!
4. Hanging with my cutie nephew

Two people I am tagging (I need more friends with blogs!)
1. Lala
2. Kendra

2 comments:

Laura said...

Tagged! Yay! you're on flickr. fun fun.

KC said...

Two posts in one day? Good lord, I'm in SHOCK! But I'm so loving it! Yeah! :)