Tuesday, February 07, 2006

today's lesson

You do not need a giant knife to cut a soft avocado.

I knew this of course*, but I already was weilding the biggie to cut my delicious chicken and apple sausages, and why dirty two knives? There were two dull thuds: one as the knife struck the pit and another as it struck the bone. The slice runs from mid-nail to the center of the pad.

Now I'm typing with one hand while elevating and applying pressure with the other.

While talking to Dad about whether or not to go to the ER, he said that I would probably live without going but would need to be careful about infection. He suggested a finger cot to keep it clean. "Or, do you have any condoms?"

"No!" a little too quickly. Hmmm, is that the right answer or the wrong one? Neither of us will ever know. The extent of my talks with dad about sex was in college when he was putting my bed together. "It should hold up. Just don't do any gymnastics on it." Right-o, Pop! Alright then, who needs a beer?

I sent Michael off to class against his protests. Since it has now been two nauseating, woozy hours and the bleeding resumes when I release pressure, he will be taking me to the emergency room after all.

I'm sure there will be many stories resulting from our trip to MGH. I can hardly wait.

*Let the record state that I am completely capable of getting around the kitchen and am not a clumsy person by nature.

2 comments:

Laura said...

oh no!!!! calling again.

KC said...

Yikes! So hoping that you're ok! Sending good, healing thoughts your way!